Download TopDown Engine Free 1.3 Unity
The TopDown Engine is the most complete top-down solution for Unity.
From the creator of the acclaimed Corgi Engine, it is the best top-down action framework out there, whether you’re new to Unity, or an experienced developer. Clean code, good practices, optimizations, its strong foundations allow for the creation of both 2D and 3D top-down games. It’s very fast and works on desktop, mobile, and anywhere you want. Packed with features, built with player feedback and great game feel at its core, and constantly updated, it’s the best tool to create 2D or 3D top-down game that actually feels good!
This 2D and 3D engine include:
– A tight character controller for your player, complete with collision detection, slope handling, movement, jumps (and as many more jumps as you like), weapons (melee and projectile), combo weapons, dash, running, crawling, and more. Easy to control and tweak via the inspector to create your very own character. The game comes packed with different examples to get you started, along with complete documentation.
– Packed with content, the asset is filled with demo levels and provides you with all you need: tons of ready to use, handcrafted visual assets (and that you can actually use, not just placeholder art), 300+ optimized scripts, and tons of ready for production prefabs.
– Includes the Inventory Engine, usually sold separately but offered with the TopDown Engine. Complete inventory management solution. Create inventories, items (collectables, usable, equitable, etc), ammo, customize and extend everything!
– Advanced AI system: create complex enemy, boss, or friendly AIs behaviours by combining actions (shoot, patrol, wait, etc) and decisions (enemy in sight, time, player direction, health, damage, etc) using only the inspector, no code needed!
– A strong camera controller built on top of Unity’s Cinemachine with tons of options: pixel perfect, camera shake, post effects…
– Everything you need to create your levels: moving platforms, destructible crates, keys and chest/doors, and more. Also achievements, progress management, save and load, and tons of other useful stuff!
– Hundreds of visual assets (platforms, tiles, playable characters, levels, particle effects, animations, enemies…) ready to use in your 2D or 3D topdown game!