TGS2 is here! With multi-tile terrain support and dozens of new features and improvements across the asset. Built upon the robustness of previous TGS, this new major upgrade is a must-have for 2D and 3D grid generation. Read what’s new here.
Terrain Grid System 2 is an advanced grid generator and territory/cell highlighter with powerful features for both Terrain and 2D grids.
– Are you working on a strategy or RTS game and want to quickly highlight cells under some units or show territories under control?
– Do you wish to allow the player choose a destination over a terrain?
– Or do you simply want an interactive grid over any terrain or mesh?
This is the perfect asset for that!
– Easy to use. Add Terrain Grid System script to your terrain, gameobject or group of objects to instantly attach and configure the grid. Or drag & drop the prefab to use it in stand-alone mode (no terrain mode).
– Configurable, fully interactive and fast grid generation, including Voronoi tessellation, box/squared, rectangular and hexagonal types.
– Compatible with Unity standard terrain (single and multi-tile), mesh-based terrains or any gameobject with a mesh.
– Change visibility, color or texture of cells from Unity editor with the integrated grid editor.
– Produces highly optimized grid mesh with reduced vertex count.
– Two levels of regions: cells and territories.
– Fastest selectable and highlighting system for both cells and territories.
– Coloring and fade out support for both cells and territories.
– A* Pathfinding for boxed and hexagonal grids with customizable cell weights and obstacles. Also support for units that occupy more than one cell (minimum clearance option).
– Easily define blocking cells or assign cells to different groups (zones, obstacles, custom navigatable paths, …)
– Get neighbours or cells in range according to crossing cost, max steps or cell group masks