RTS Engine provides all the features required to create your own RTS game and customize it. It handles map creation, factions, AI, buildings, units, resources, UI and much more. It also supports both single-player and multiplayer.
Demo | Forum | Documentation | Discord (NEW) | Changelog
Maps & Factions:
– Create and customize unique maps.
– Create factions and customize each one by assigning unique buildings, units and tasks.
– Customize NPC factions and control their behaviour completely from the inspector to set up multiple difficulty levels and get a different experience each time while playing against NPC factions.
– Different NPC components that separate and organize tasks for NPC factions and make it easier to customize them.
– Create and customize different types of resources for factions to collect and use to place buildings or produce units.
– Make resource collectors gather resources automatically or have them drop them off at a building when reaching a certain amount.
– Add “Treasure” objects in the map and reward the faction that claims them with resources.
– Create buildings and make each one deliver increase the faction slots, attack enemy units, upgrade unit abilities (speed, damage points and more), generate resources, teleport units, act as a hideout for units, etc.. – Customize buildings even more by adding health states and construction states.
– Upgrade buildings directly.
– Advance in ages: Launch a building upgrade that triggers all other building upgrades and advance to the next age.
– Each faction has borders in the map which allow the faction to exploit resources and place buildings inside the territory defined by the borders.
– Create different types of units that deliver tasks such as constructing buildings, gathering resources, attacking other factions, healing other units, converting enemy units, transporting other units (APC), going invisible for enemy units, etc..
– Automatic behaviour for units: Healers and converters and attack units can search for units in a specific range and respectively heal, convert and attack them.
– Create both walking and flying units (including vehicles).
– Create free units that don’t belong to any faction and place in the map and use them as protectors for treasures and rewards in the map.
– Units/buildings can attack enemy units or buildings directly or by using an attack object (bullet, arrow, rocket, etc..). Damage can be applied to a single target or to all targets inside a defined range (area damage). Other attack settings include Damage over time, cooldowns, damage/attack effects, line of sight, switching between multiple attacks and more.
-Each unit can have one or multiple functions.
– Attach the Task Launcher component to a unit or a building and create tasks for it. Task Types include Unit Creation, Research, Self-Destruction and Custom Tasks. Custom tasks are tasks that only trigger events and pass all the task information entered in the Task Launcher.
– Each Task Launcher can trigger events independently when the task is launched, completed and/or cancelled.