Download MegaSplat Free Unity.
MegaSplat allows you to splat map up to 256 different textures onto Unity Terrains or Meshes. Unlike other splat mapping techniques, MegaSplat has a consistent shader cost regardless of how many textures you use, and can actually be more efficient than traditional techniques which only allow a few textures to be painted! Textures are blended using a height resolve, giving the transitions a natural look.
Curious about the differences between MegaSplat and MicroSplat? Here’s a brief comparison guide.
– Advanced shaders for splat mapping up to 256 different textures onto meshes, all rendered in a single pass with blazingly fast performance.
– Works with Unity Terrains or Meshes
– Easily convert texturing from any Unity Terrain to MegaSplat format, allowing you to convert terrains from landscape generation systems like Gaia, World Creator, etc.
– Direct output node for programs like Map Magic allows you to work right in MegaSplat format
– A Shader generation framework, allowing you to generate shaders with whatever combination of features you want. Want a triplanar shader with 2 blended layers of 256 texture splat mapping, with refractive streams, and the whole thing tessellated with dynamic snow and paintable wetness? No problem.
– Advanced Tessellation modes, which work on any Tessellation supporting platform (OSX, PC, Consoles)
Additional shader effects, like paintable puddles, streams and lava, NPR lighting models, Projected UVs, global snow, runtime texture projection, etc.
– 60 fully PBR, high quality Terrain textures to get you started, along with an example scene.
– Tools for converting meshes to MegaSplat format, along with tools for creating Texture Arrays in Unity.
– Built in Texture Packer, which will generate missing maps (Normal, height, smoothness, AO) when not provided