Download GPU Instancer
GPU Instancer is an out of the box solution to display extreme numbers of objects on the screen with high performance. With a few mouse clicks, you can instance your prefabs, Unity Terrain details, and trees.
GPU Instancer provides user-friendly tools to allow everyone to use Indirect GPU Instancing without having to go through the deep learning curve of Compute Shaders and GPU infrastructure. Also, an API with extensive documentation is provided to manage runtime changes.
Includes Tree Manager with SpeedTree support, Billboard Generator, HDRP and LWRP support, new Runtime Settings and much more.
– Out of the box solution for complex GPU Instancing.
– VR compatible. Works with both single pass and multipass rendering modes.
– Mobile compatible. Works with both iOS and Android.
– Easy to use interface.
– Tens of thousands of objects rendered lightning fast in a single draw call.
– GPU frustum culling.
– GPU occlusion culling (non-VR platforms only).
– Automatically configured custom shader support.
– Supports HDRP and LWRP render pipelines.
– Complex hierarchies of prefabs instanced with a single click.
– Multiple sub-meshes support.
– LOD Groups and cross-fading support (with animation or fade transition width).
– Automatic 2D Billboard generation system (auto-added as last LOD).
– Shadows casting and receiving support for instances (frustum culled instances still can cast shadows).
– Unity 5.6 support.
– Well documented API for procedural scenes and runtime modifications (examples included).
– Example scenes that showcase GPU Instancer capabilities.
Prefab Instancing Features:
– Ability to automatically instance prefabs at your scene that you distribute with your favourite prefab painting tool.
– Automatically Add-Remove prefab instances without any additional code.
– Automatic detection and updating of transform position, rotation and scale changes.
– Full or area localized rigid body and physics support.
– Add-Remove-Update prefab instances with or without instantiating GameObjects (examples included).
– Instance-based material variations through API (similar to Material Property Blocks).
– Enabling and disabling instancing at runtime per instance basis.
– API to manage instanced prefabs at runtime.
– Includes mobile demo scene with custom controllers.
Detail Instancing Features:
– Dense grass fields and vegetation with very high frame rates.
– Included vegetation shader with the wind, shadows, AO, billboarding and various other properties.
– Support for custom shaders and materials.
– Cross quadding support: automatically turns grass textures to crossed quads.
– Ability to paint prefabs with custom materials on Unity terrain (with Unity terrain tools).
– Ability to use prefabs with LOD Groups on Unity terrain.
– Further performance improvements with automatic spatial partitioning.
– API to manage instanced terrain detail prototypes at runtime (examples included).
– Editor GPU Instancing simulation.