Download GPU Instancer – Crowd Animations FREE Unity.
Download Demo Build (Windows PC)
Crowd Animations is an extension for GPU Instancer, and requires it to work.
Support Forum | Documentation | F.A.Q.
Crowd Animations is an out of the box solution for using massive amounts of animated characters in your scenes with high performance. CA uses the GPU Instancer core and adds GPU skinning techniques on top of GPUI’s indirect instancing solution and GPU culling techniques. This results in a combination which will allow you to get the most out of GPU Instancing in Unity for your animated characters.
– Indirect GPU instancing with skinned meshes.
– GPU frustum, occlusion and distance culling.
– VR compatible. Works with both single pass and multipass rendering modes.
– Supports Standard, LW, HD and Universal Render Pipelines.
– Custom shader support (requires manual set-up).
– Animation Blending (up to 4 animations).
– Multiple skinned mesh renderers and submeshes support.
– LOD Groups support (all LOD meshes must use the same rig).
– Bone attachments.
– Root Motion support.
– Ability to use custom shadow distance per prototype and to choose the LOD to render shadows with.
– Automatic detection of added and removed instances without any additional code.
– Rigidbody and physics support.
– Custom animation event system.
– Easy to use interface.
Crowd Animations supports two different animator workflows: