What you’ll learn
- Learn how to sketch and paint 2D game characters.
- Create awesome 2D game animations using Unity.
- Make a player character that can move around an environment and shoot projectiles.
- Program some cool AI behaviors for various enemy game characters using C#.
- Code a customizable enemy wave spawner.
- Make a multi staged boss fight using state machine behaviors.
- Make multiple weapons and power ups.
- Learn how to make great main menus and responsive UI.
- Create epic particle systems and sound effects.
- Be able to make an entire game from A to Z using Unity, C# and some 2D application like Ps or Gimp. And then publish that finished product on Itch io, Newgrounds or Gamejolt.
- Have Unity and some 2D application like Ps, Gimp, SketchPad or MS Paint installed on your computer.
- Before starting this course you should understand the basics of Unity. Like saving scenes, navigating the interface, using the three basic manipulation tools (Translate, Rotate and Scale), create prefabs and add and modify components inside of the inspector.
- You should have a strong understanding of the basics of C#, such as creating variables, modifying those and calling functions.
- Have a strong desire to learn, have fun and create awesome games !
Here is a list of the key things you will learn by watching this course :
First of all you’ll have a stronger understanding of what it takes to actually finish a game from A to Z in Unity!
You’ll learn how to sketch and paint 2D game characters, then import those creations inside of Unity, rig them and finally make game animations such as run cycles, attack animations, idle animations and more !
Learn how to make a player character than can move around an environment and shoot projectiles by programming in C# !
Create various enemy game characters : a melee monster that runs fast towards the player and leaps at him to attack | A spooky necromancer that summons small, vicious skeletons that chase after the player | a dangerous bat that shoots dark fireballs at the game’s hero !
Understand how to use state machine behaviors to create a multi stage boss fight in Unity!
Make multiple weapons the player can equip and use against the game’s various foes. As well as a health pickup !
Create cool looking effects using Unity’s particle system and 2D sprites !