What you’ll learn
- Understand different forms of Augmented Reality and their applications
- Understand the basic difference between Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- Build 11 Augmented Reality Apps from scratch for Android & iPhone
- Students will create AR apps by writing codes in C# programming language
- Best practices in Augmented Reality
- A Windows or Mac Computer system
- Android Smart Phone or an iPhone
- Basic programming knowledge will be of Great help
Curious about Augmented Reality, You have come to the right place. Learn the basics fundamentals and programming techniques required for building fully functional Augmented Reality Apps. For this course you will need an Android Smartphone or iPhone.
So what is Augmented Reality?
In Augmented Reality, the real view is modified by a computer (Smartphone in this case). Augmented reality enhances one’s current perception of reality, whereas, in contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one. Augmentation techniques are basically performed in real-time,
Eg : Displaying live scores and statistics inside a live video of a sporting event
Power of Augmented Reality
I came across Augmented Reality in 2015 after watching a video of Augmented Reality Book. I was fascinated to know that such technology actually exists. So I started researching on different Augmented Reality platform. Vuforia platform seemed very promising as developers all over the World have used Vuforia for developing Augmented Reality apps.
Pokemon Go game is the best example of Augmented Reality. Other than that Augmented Reality apps expand over a wide range of topics from Education, Business, Architecture, Health Industry, Home Decoration and obviously mobile gaming.
Course Content and Overview
all you need is an Android or iOS device for testing your Augmented Reality apps. We will start from basics of Unity, C# platform and then move to higher topics
Intro & Basics of Augmented Reality
Next, we will look at the four different augmented reality techniques and its application. After this I will explain you what is Virtual Reality and the differences between Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR)
Basics of Unity